The Computer Society is a volunteer-led non-profit organization that is headed by an elected volunteer Board of Governors The officers are generally referred to as the ExCom: the President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, and Secretary are elected to one year terms; each Program Board is chaired by a VP who is appointed by the President. Typically, the First and Second VPs are also appointed to chair Program Boards.
I have been active in 4 of the 6 CS Program Boards and also serve this year as Treasurer:
- Professional Activities Board
- Chair, PAB-IT Committee
- Publications Board,
- Editor, Computer Magazine Standards column,
- Digital Library Operations Committee
- Technical and Conference Activities Board Secretary
- Standards Activities Board
- Secretary, Software and Systems Engineering Standards Committee
- Chair, Rewrite of IEEE Std 828-2012, Configuration Management
For a closer look at the individual Program Boards, please visit the links below.